Quid Pro Grow: Respect and Responsibility

Monday, July 22, 2013

Respect and Responsibility

Responsibility is a learning experience. There are reasons for why people chose a conservative life. Everything in life is a risk. There are even flaws in popular ideals about living.

Robert Frost is know for writing the poem "the Road not Taken." It is popular belief music, art and acting are the path less taken, yet there are several jobs in art related fields of study. Regardless of vocation, there are varying levels of success. Precautions, such as: school and work experience assist in finding work. Work availability is scarce when limiting options to Top of my Field.

Personal experience in the art community reveals complications with being an Artist. It took awhile to decipher information and decide what the differences were between successful, moderately successful and unsuccessful Artists.

Talk to people as a precaution. It defines a plan. My current market is more important than any other option to me. I live in a large city. It is known for computers and science. Large cities known for animation, art, acting and music are several miles away, yet there is an existing market close to home. Online marketing is accessible. There are fewer risks living at home. It is expensive living away from home. I should have competitive skills before risking a lot of money if having to move to another city.

There are unknowable circumstances in any business venture, work or life. The only way to develop a plan to handle competition, marketing and skills is to talk to other people. The internet has rules about proper behavior. As a regular person, I was able to determine better methods to handle competition. School and this site summarizes normal work experiences to prepare people for what might happen. Some concepts are more important to an Individual than other concepts.

Responsibility is best explained through a personal experience in middle school. I already knew business might be a vocational option. I was an Office Assistant for a semester. Going to each class to pick up folders, Students noticed another Student alone in the hallway more than responsibly.

Some Students knew it was a responsibility. I collected folders and performed basic office tasks to pass the class. Sometimes I filed or stopped by the Principle's door. It is a boring job.

I do not need supervision because I am responsible. A Friend decided the job would be great. They failed the class because they saw an opportunity to talk to other Students. They were restricted to an area outside the office from the door to the vending machines. This was harmful to their grade average and the person they wanted to talk to most wanted to talk to someone else.

It was not a complete loss, yet life has a method of showing how actions have consequences. They did not get the girl. I thought it was shady. Teachers became aware of his "tendencies." Several other Students though it might be the beginning of a criminal history.

Responsibility is also risky. Bloomberg Businessweek reports College Students are locked into debts that they are unable to payoff. Is college is the safest bet? Currently several Graduates are unable to payoff student loans. Jobs are scarce. Everyone wants the job market to inflate and going to college is a financial burden to sever Young Adults in the United States of America. Hopefully college is still the best option. Even if coming true through pure force of will power.

Another experience involves two locally successful Musicians. One had a two year degree. The other did not. After experiencing success, one became a Test Musician for a manufacturer of instruments. The other had trouble keeping a job though finding steady work at a fast food restaurant. After becoming slightly famous, there was difficulty getting a job. Too many people knew they could do better. All their help and expectation became a problem. Knowing that could happen is important.

Reading about Famous Celebrities, there is something noticeable in their work history. At first they only had jobs occasionally. Eventually, they can work year round; however, several films are independent. There is time in between getting high profile, high paying jobs.

I believe they made decisions to stay in good health and home while working to get the next opportunity. With this information, I want to work in the arts. It does not matter if I become famous. I love art. It is easy waking up and thinking of the next idea that should help society. Hopefully something will help someone live a better life. That thought makes me feel good.

The logistics on this are important. I need to know and understand how to accomplish goals. I could have gotten a degree in Acting. Most of my experience is working in offices. However, it is important to be in good health and home in order to be ready when another opportunity is available.

This modifies the plan. I do not want to spend time working on whatever. It makes sense to remain part of the art community. I can look for opportunities, while working on something to build my art resume. This is not a fallback plan. It will be an ongoing part of my life.

With a plan, past experience becomes a part of future experience. I do not want to be mean, yet I have to protect myself. I will not abuse power. Power is not a method for making friends. I might make friends, yet it is more important to be responsible for my own work and reputation. I will not be overly aggressive in protecting myself from gossip.

A weird phenomenon is phishing. There is confusion about my actual life. Even before internet, there was confusion between people with a similar name. It is nice. It is mean. Sometimes it is a circumstance. They never heard of me, yet several people prefer believing they are me. That must hurtful and hurt them. They are also a real person who deserves respect.

I imagine trying to open a business in the future. If becoming popular, there might be other companies who essentially phish. They have pictures of me and say they are endorsed by me after visiting my actual business. I was at work somewhere for awhile and could not be there in person. They walk around and decide it is a scam. Then they opened their own business with the an idea to appear endorsed by me and maybe they will be as successful. They do not understand the truth.

After they are arrested for false advertisement; there are rumors of a fake company. Now it is difficult knowing who is whom. I could avoid the issue by scheduling regular times to talk to everyone in person. I would have to pay for transportation, yet not legal fees on that issue. There is a responsibility to protecting my reputation that also protects them and people in the community. It is handled immediately, so there is less desire to take vengeful actions.

A college degree and work experience is risky. Life is risky. We still live. There are no guarantees the future will follow a plan. Planning reduces consequences. Advice is a method to protect a person from the worst outcome. Responsibility assists in acknowledging what happens in life. I enjoy working in where everyone acts respectfully. There is a calm when everyone does their job as it should be done. I imagine everyone notices the difference.

Related Article
Being Reasonable
Dispersing Risk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion by leaving a comment.