Quid Pro Grow: Simulated Confidence

Monday, December 2, 2013

Simulated Confidence

Simulated disorder postulates perfect discipline, simulated fear postulates courage; simulated weakness postulates strength. - The Art of War by Sun Tzu

Seeming odd quote for creating confidence it is applicable. A person simulates situations in order to learn discipline, courage and strength, physical and mental. Every new experience has new obstacles. When people practice simulations real-life obstacles are less threatening.

Thinking about modern trends several are uncomfortable, because they are different. Trends change constantly though it is possible to find comfortable garments and accessories. Often the worst impression is made when people are preoccupied with their clothing. This is rude, because their focus is on themselves hence they are unable to give attention to others.

Keep up with trends with simulations. A new trend is clutch purses. Carrying a clutch occasionally, it must have a strap. I feel goofy holding a purse. It preoccupies my hand causing interference until my focus shifts to the clutch and turns into semi-comical actions. If bent on maintaining trend, I could buy a clutch and practice moving around until it is feels as comfortable as a part of my body because the best trend is being confident. Truthfully, I'll buy another long-strap, flat purse.

Next to being preoccupied with clothing, fidgeting with clothing is distracting. I rarely wear jewelry. While necklaces and rings are no problem I will turn bracelets around my wrist. This is distracting and often shortens conversations. I'm coherent of my surroundings, yet it brings attention to my wrist making the issue slightly less rude. Fidgeting frequently becomes self-consciousness and then back to being preoccupied with clothing.

How do people become comfortable when changing style? Apply makeup, wear heels or jewelry around home until it is no longer uncomfortable. When shifting to wearing makeup all the time or trying out a new look at the club it feels natural. People see a confident, well-dressed person who handles themselves intelligently. The greatest way to gain personal confidence is to be interested other people.

Related Article
Appearance
Developing Ethos
Self Presentation

Quirky Books
The Art of War by Sun Tzu